We’ve scoured all four corners of the internet for all the latest #renewables news (to save you a bit of time). Grab a coffee, here’s the gist (22/9/21 edition):
- Qld Govt minister for Energy, Renewables etc Mick de Brenni reports 250 new jobs have been created with construction starting on the first QLD Renewable Energy Zone (REZ)
- French subs may be sunk but there’s French investment on the horizon for solar in the Hunter Valley (Via Renew Economy)
- And while you’re over at Renew Economy, apparently we hit a new benchmark for renewables on Sunday with 59.8% on the main grid only to then smash that record on Monday
- Apparently a long term project to switch from diesel to renewables has been sorted out on Lord Howe island (says the Solar Quotes blog)
- NAB digs into the back pocket to support a new FNQ windfarm (via Mirage News)
- The transition to renewable energy can be a complicated business, but miners are starting to find solutions: ‘The other thing we’re seeing is the introduction of mobile renewables for shorter term contracts where companies don’t have the capital, or the business case doesn’t make sense’ (Via Australian Mining)
And our shot of the week from the Meralli archives comes from 2018, prior to starting the Dunblane (11MW) Solar Farm. Yep, that’s Barcaldine (Qld) in the background.