We’ve scoured all four corners of the internet for all the latest #renewables news (to save you a bit of time). Grab a coffee, here’s the gist (5/10/21 edition):
- The NSW Govt releases their net zero by 2050 plan. TL:DR version = $11.6b investment over 10 years with ⅔ going toward rural & regional NSW (Via Energy Magazine)
- Reforms are happening in the NEM including 5 minute settlements (via Energy Magazine)
- And something we’ve been expecting to see for a while, miners are getting wise to renewables. The ABC is reporting the Agnew gold mine could run off 95% renewables in 12 months (up from 60% today). And speaking of which, the MCA has ambitions to be new zero by 2050 in support of the Paris Agreement (courtesy Mirage News).
- Full steam ahead at the 224MW Bango Wind Farm near Yass (via Renew Economy)
- If you’re looking for a career change (or a new job) check out the Clean Energy Council’s Careers Hub. And if you’re looking for training opportunities in the sector, best head to Qld (via Energy Magazine)
- Most Aussie homes will have solar panels + batteries by 2030 says the SMH.
Our shot of the week (from the Meralli archives) is an aerial view of the Dareton Solar Farm (Barcaldine Qld) midway through the build back in 2018.