To save you some time, we’ve searched the internet for the latest news in solar farm projects and other renewables. Grab your coffee, here’s the industry must-knows for the week 05/09/22 edition):
- Construction has started on the 412 MW Goyder South Stage 1 wind farm—largest in SA (via Renewables Now)
- Greens push for transition authority to manage switch to renewables and counter Coalition scare campaigns (via Renew Economy)
- AEMO warns new supplies of renewable energy are urgently needed to replace retiring and unreliable coal capacity (via ABC)
- NSW revises guidelines for large-scale solar, encouraging project developers to consider the land during the site selection process (via Energy Matters)
- The Clean Energy Council is releasing a new report: Skilling the Energy Transition. The report makes six recommendations to fix the skills and labour challenges that could throttle the success of Australia’s clean energy transition unless urgently addressed.
- An update on wholesale electricity prices over August and understanding why we’re still on track for further electricity price hikes next year (Via Solar Quotes)
- Polysilicon price relief in 2023 as industry scales to 500 GW (via PV Magazine)
Our shot of the week (from the Meralli archives) captures the Chillamurra solar farm built in 2017.