We’ve scoured all four corners of the internet for all the latest #renewables news (to save you a bit of time). Grab a coffee, here’s the gist (13/12/21 edition):
- South Australia’s strong renewables sector is creating job opportunities (via adelaidenow.com.au)
- Australia’s accelerating energy transition will see half of all homes installed with rooftop solar in the early 2030s, accelerating coal’s exit (via Bloomberg).
- On the flipside: Solar ‘curtailment’ is emerging as a new challenge as more Australians transition to rooftop solar (via The Conversation).
- World’s biggest renewables player Enel Group has been granted a retail energy licence for Australia (via pv magazine)
- UK investment company VH Global has acquired a 10.9-MW solar farm site in QLD (via Renewablesnow.com)
- Higher commodity prices are driving up the cost of producing renewables, which in turn is undermining investment (via industryleadersmagazine.com).
- Amazon announced that it plans to build a massive 70 MW solar farm in Georgia (via Houston Chronicle).
- Untapped reserves of nickel and cobalt leave Australia well positioned for the transition to renewable technologies (via The Australian).
Our shot of the week (from the Meralli archives) captures our build in Chillamurra: