There’s always plenty happening in the renewables sector across the globe. Here’s a quick wrap up of the things worth noting:
- Various media outlets reported Japan expects to reduce its reliance on gas and coal which will have an impact on Australian exports – Japan to slash gas, coal use for power (via the AFR) and here via Yahoo News.
- New research suggests Germany can meet its energy needs with renewables inside 15 years (via Renew Economy)
- A piece here on the additional benefits of solar developments (community flow-on) via the Solar Quotes blog.
- Via Croakey, what we’ve learned from SA’s transition to renewables.
- And if you haven’t caught up, AEMO has been doing some thinking about what’s required from an engineering perspective in the transition to renewable energy (via Renew Economy).